"Very impressed with the speed everything happened, from my initial inquiry to having the actual surgery. Having Lorraine help with everything. It was all very smooth from our arrival in South Africa to our departure."
Responsibilities and Obligations of Medical Traveller / Tourist
Medical Travellers / Tourists have the right to expect certain terms and conditions from Surgeon and Safari and its associated medical partners, but they also, for the sake of their health care, have certain responsibilities and obligations when electing to receive medical care and treatment though Surgeon and Safari and its medical partners.
Surgeon and Safari clients have the following responsibility
- To work with Surgeon and Safari together with the selected surgeons and healthcare provider to develop and carry out agreed upon treatment plans.
- To ask questions if you do not understand information, medical terms, the specifics of treatment, or what is expected of you and prepare written questions and comments for your doctor
- To consult with your doctor before self-medicating or seeking alternative therapies including herbal medicines that might interfere with your ongoing treatment.
- To disclose relevant information to your doctors, nurses and Surgeon and Safari cares’ before during and after treatment, including unexpected changes in your condition, new symptoms, or increased pain.
- To make an effort to understand and accept the cultural differences of the health workers caring for you, and between you and patients from other countries, show respect and courtesy to those you meet on your medical journey, and clearly communicate your wants and needs.
- To take all possible precautions against spreading disease or infection, including frequently washing hands and strictly following doctor’s orders.
- To keep your appointments. If you are unable to do so for any reason, notify Surgeon and Safari immediately.
- To make sure you know all the costs involved in your care and treatment, properly arrange to make your payments and otherwise to meet you financial obligations
- To be honest, accurate and thorough when providing personal information, and update this information regularly. If you have received a discount or payment (financial or in kind) for “telling your story”, please say so. Surgeon and Safari does not offer payments or discounts for “Telling your story” we value honest feedback and input
- To be prepared and knowledgeable as best you can about your medical condition and needs: seek expert advice from your general practitioner and / or Surgeon and Safari and to keep your home doctors informed about your plans.
- To seek out reliable sources of information: and be particularly cautious of internet websites and chat rooms, media that may distort, positively or negatively, information about a hospital, doctor, Surgeon and Safari or patient / clients.
- To understand that as a medical Tourist who is also an international patient / client, you are a partner in your medical care and assume more responsibility that at home. If you chose to discontinue treatment, transfer your care and records to another physician or facility or otherwise act against doctors advise, you may not hold the doctor, hospital or Surgeon and Safari responsible for any consequences of your decision.
© Surgeon and Safari CC 2017
Company Registration: CK 1999/070953/23
VAT Registration: 4880202926
Trademark Registered in South Africa, USA, Europe
Phone: + (27) 11 463 3154
Fax: + (27) 82 395 3356