Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
- We only use surgeons whom are qualified, certified and registered medical doctors and specialists in South Africa.
- All our surgeons are registered with their respective specialist associations and thus adhere to those professional codes of conduct as well as having no malpractice Law suits lodged against them.
- We elect to work with a select few of the top surgeons whom have successful private practises with high standards of ethics.
- These surgeons pride themselves on the quality of their work, and take time to ensure that you are comfortable with your choice and ensure that you have realistic expectations.
- The Surgeons will not perform procedures if they feel your life or health would be compromised in any way.
- We only use Surgeons who have the correct and necessary malpractice
insurance coverage to operate on our overseas clients.
Practice No. 3600963
Dr. Rick van
der Poel practices in The Rosebank
Clinic - one of South Africa's the most up to date private clinics, situated
in an up-market residential suburb of Johannesburg.
Dr Rick van der poelDr. van der Poel utilizes the latest equipment and
technology necessary to perform his surgery. He and his staff are committed
to offering an excellent individual service, and only use the services of a
registered specialist anaesthesiologist.
- Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of Medicine - University of
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Ref # 10384
Professional Associations (Past and Present)
- Registered as a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon with the South African Medical Association (SAMA ) Ref # 15654
- Registered as a practising medical doctor in South Africa with the General Medical Council
- Registered with the British Medical Council ( GMC ) Ref # 2670384
- Full member of the Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of South Africa ( APRSS )
- Full Member of International Society Aesthetic Plastics Surgeons (
ISAPS ) Ref # 2409
- Full member of Health Practitioners Council South Africa ( HPCSA )
- Member of Lipoplasty Society of North America
- Visiting Fellowship with Dr Thomas Rees - Head of Aesthetic Surgery Unit New York University
- Visiting Fellowship with Prof. Ivo Pitanguy in Rio de Janeiro
- Full Medical Malpractice Insurance though Medical Protection Society (MPS) Ref # 04/8401
Dr. Rick van der Poel maintains a high ethical standard and keeps abreast of
up-to-date surgical techniques from around the world. He was a consultant
Plastic Surgeon at Witwatersrand University until he entered private
practice in Johannesburg in 1989