- We only use surgeons whom are qualified, certified and registered medical doctors and specialists in South Africa.
- All our surgeons are registered with their respective specialist associations and thus adhere to those professional codes of conduct as well as having no malpractice Law suits lodged against them.
- We elect to work with a select few of the top surgeons whom have successful private practises with high standards of ethics.
- These surgeons pride themselves on the quality of their work, and take time to ensure that you are comfortable with your choice and ensure that you have realistic expectations.
- The Surgeons will not perform procedures if they feel your life or health would be compromised in any way.
- We only use Surgeons who have the correct and necessary malpractice insurance coverage to operate on our overseas clients.
Practice No. 2805081
Dr Mark Ferguson is a Principle Orthopaedic surgeon at the well-established Centre for Sports Medicine - adjacent to the Rosebank Clinic. The Centre for Sports Medicine is renowned for arthroscopic and joint reconstructive procedures for the treatment of both local and international sportsmen. The centre utilizes extensive rehabilitation facilities for postoperative care.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery - University of Stellenbosch
- Fellow of the College of Surgeons in Orthopaedics - University of the Witwatersrand.
- Registered Orthopaedic Surgeon with the South African Medical and Dental Council
- Member of the Medical Association of South Africa
- Member of the Orthopaedic Association of South Africa
- Affiliate member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Director of the International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- President of the South African Knee and Arthroscopy Society
- Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon for knee surgery at Witwatersrand University
Dr Ferguson has gained his knowledge and expertise from regular visits to leading surgical centres in the USA. He conducts general orthopaedics and specialises in arthroscopic surgery of the knee, shoulder and ankle joints as well as joint