- We only use surgeons whom are qualified, certified and registered medical doctors and specialists in South Africa.
- All our surgeons are registered with their respective specialist associations and thus adhere to those professional codes of conduct as well as having no malpractice Law suits lodged against them.
- We elect to work with a select few of the top surgeons whom have successful private practises with high standards of ethics.
- These surgeons pride themselves on the quality of their work, and take time to ensure that you are comfortable with your choice and ensure that you have realistic expectations.
- The Surgeons will not perform procedures if they feel your life or health would be compromised in any way.
- We only use Surgeons who have the correct and necessary malpractice insurance coverage to operate on our overseas clients.
Practice No.: 0189693
M.B.BCh, F.C.S. (Ortho)
Dr Gavin O’Brien specialised as an Orthopaedic Surgeon in 2005. He practised as an Orthopaedic Consultant at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital and the Johannesburg General Hospital while practicing part time at Sunward Park Hospital. He joined Netcare Rosebank Hospital in 2006.
His research interests include Radial Head Fractures and Replacements and Fixed Angle Volar Plate in Distal Radius Fractures. Dr O’Brien has previously presented at the SAOA Congress and the Orthopaedic Registrar Congress. He is a member of the South African Foot, Ankle and Shoulder society.
He now practices at Netcare Rosebank Hospital’s Centre for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics focusing on the foot and ankle.